International Commercial Dispute Prevention and Settlement Organization Announcement on the Global Selection and Recruitment of Arbitrators
Established in 2020, the International Commercial Dispute Prevention and Settlement Organization (hereinafter referred to as “ICDPASO”) is the world's first international organization that provides legal services by integrating prevention with settlement of commercial disputes. For the purpose of better meeting the needs of commercial entities for high quality and efficient arbitration services, giving full play to the advantages of professionalism and impartiality of commercial arbitration, and effectively improving the credibility of commercial arbitration, ICDPASO is now conducting the global selection and recruitment of arbitrators and will establish the panel of arbitrators in accordance with its Charter. The announcement is as follows:
I. Scope of Selection and Duration of Appointment
The recruitment is open to all candidates worldwide who have the intention and meet the application requirements.
The arbitrators are appointed for a term of three years by the ICDPASO.
II. Qualification Requirements
Applicants shall meet the following requirements:
1. Be passionate about arbitration, be of high moral character, diligent and trustworthy, and adhere to the principle of independent and impartial case handling;
2. Engage in professional work in the field of law or international commerce, and have a senior professional title or an equivalent professional level;
3. Have participated as an arbitrator in more than ten arbitration cases and have rendered at least two arbitral awards;
4. Agree with to ICDPASO Charter and be willing to comply with ICDPASO Commercial Arbitration Rules and other relevant rules and regulations;
5. Be in good health, and able to ensure sufficient time and efficiency for handling arbitration cases and the quality of the arbitral decision；
6. Be proficient in one or more foreign languages that can be used as a working language, and this requirement may be relaxed for specialized professionals who are needed for ICDPASO arbitration; and
7. Complete a professional qualification training recognized by the ICDPASO and pass the assessment (except for high-level experts accompanied by a written recommendation of ICDPASO members).
III. Selection and Recruitment Procedures
1. Application: candidates who have the intention and meet the above application requirements are requested to fill in the ICDPASO Arbitrator Application Form (see annex) and submit the application which shall be authentic, accurate and complete to the ICDPASO Secretariat as required;
2. Preliminary Selection: the ICDPASO Secretariat conducts a preliminary review based on the applicant’s materials, and submits the review comments and application to the ICDPASO Advisory Committee; a training notice is to be sent to qualified applicants follow the discussion and adoption of the ICDPASO Advisory Committee;
3. Training and Assessment: applicants who have received training notices shall participate in professional qualification training and assessment as required;
*ICDPASO develops and designs targeted training courses and assessments according to the characteristics of different professional fields, and the specific arrangement is subject to the ICDPASO Arbitrator Training Notice;
4. Verified by the ICDPASO Supervisory Committee: the list of those who have completed the training and passed the assessment shall be submitted by the Secretariat to ICDPASO Supervisory Committee for verification;
5. Approval of the ICDPASO Council: the list that is adopted after the verification shall be submitted by the Secretariat to the Council for approval; and
6. Issuance of Appointment Letter: the arbitrators who are appointed with the approval of the Council shall receive an appointment letter, be included in the panels of arbitrators and be publicized on the ICDPASO’s official website and WeChat official account.
IV. Contact Us
The Secretariat of ICDPASO
Contact: Ms. Qi Chen
Zip Code: 100020
Address: Room 1206-1207, block A, Yuanyang Guanghua international building, 10 Jintong West Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100020, PRC.
annex：Arbitrator Application Form
The Secretariat of ICDPASO
July 02, 2022